Camden & Islington 4-3 Brent

MSFA Bower Cup
Saturday 16th October 2015

Brent, with several key players unable to play, showed their battling qualities when they rallied from 4-1 down to lose 4-3 away to Camden & Islington. Brent will feel aggrieved at being denied an opportunity to battle back for at least a draw after the match was cut short by several minutes due to the pitch being booked for another game.

Brent fell behind on four minutes when the ball was not cleared and four minutes later Camden & Islington doubled their lead with a fine shot from outside the penalty area that went in the top right hand corner of the net. 

Brent pulled a goal back almost immediately when Felix Amoah was put through from a superb pass from Drilon Krasniqi and Amoah ran 25 yards into the Camden & Islington half before coolly slotting the ball home. 

Brent were gaining the initiative and pressing for an equaliser when against the run of play Camden & Islington restored their 2 goal lead with a spectacular 25 yard shot that once again went in just underneath the crossbar. 

Brent’s Shammar Swaby saw his shot go wide before some clever footwork from Dominic D’Souza saw his pass go across the Camden & Islington six yard box with Amoah just unable to get a touch on the ball. 

Brent nearly reduced Camden & Islington’s lead once again just before half time when fine link up play between Swaby and Krasniqi set up Amoah who shot wide.

Leading 3-1 at half time, Camden & Islington scored their fourth goal of the game just two minutes into the second half catching Brent on the break. in the 46th minute, D’Souza was unfortunate to see his deflected shot from just inside the Camden & Islington penalty area strike the crossbar with the goalkeeper well beaten but D’Souza was on the score sheet just a few minutes later, converting a penalty after Amoah was fouled in the penalty area. 

Two minutes later, Brent were back in the game when Zac Cowen saw his cross inadvertently headed home for an own goal and Brent still has chances to equalise with several minutes remaining but the referee was forced to end the game with at least 3-4 minutes remaining, much to the dismay of the Brent players.